Millbank Land provides a comprehensive service to developers, landowners, community groups and other interested parties - from site or building acquisition to final delivery of completed schemes. Our experience covers various development projects, including office and residential conversions, in-fill sites, mixed-use and regeneration schemes, affordable housing and live/work schemes.
How we help unlock opportunities
We have over 25 years' experience of acquiring land and negotiating the most valuable planning permissions.
Successful planning gains and development profits are achieved through comprehensive research, effective management of the planning and development process, and the careful control of risk. That is what we are expert at.
We offer development advice and can act from the initial identification and inception of a project through to delivery
Some of our main areas of development expertise include:
- Identifying development opportunities
- Site appraisal and development appraisal
- Scheme layout, mix, density and design advice
- Bid and tender management
- Affordable housing consultancy
- Development viability and toolkit assessments
- S106 and CIL Negotiations
Affordable Housing Consultancy
Affordable housing is a significant portion of the UK development market, and has thus become a key area for clients to understand the implications of funding, national, regional and local policy.
We understand that each project is unique in character; it is our responsibility to help capture the best layout and design and understand the market risks and opportunities, thereby guiding our clients through the process from inception through to completion of each project.
As part of The Millbank Group we undertake development ourselves, which means we have access to real first hand knowledge of available funding, costs, values, opportunities and risks. Liaison between our various in-house divisions ensures that profitable and value-enhancing opportunities are not overlooked. We apply creative and lateral thinking to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Millbank Land has a strategic alliance with specialist affordable housing consultants to provide advice on both tenure mix and quantum in any scheme and can provide a direct interface for negotiations with local planning authorities and relevant residential social landlords.
Full Service Consultancy
We offer you a consultancy service capable of covering every aspect of development, giving a start-to-finish service. We offer tailor-made solutions to suit both developers and landowners' specific requirements and to maximise the potential of their assets. We add value by assessing and improving viability along with identifying and removing commercial risk at all stages.
You can benefit from our own bespoke design and appraisal programme that maximises development value for our clients. This system allows us to tailor our analysis to the individual client's needs and objectives.
We provide advice on the design, procurement and construction of projects. Additionally, we provide sales and marketing research and advice on disposal and exit options. To maximise the full potential of each development, we utilise the extensive experience, knowledge and creativity of the Millbank Group to add tangible value to every project that we work on.
What else we can do for you
We offer expertise at all stages of the development process and can provide an integrated service from site acquisition to the final sale of individual units or the sale or letting of commercial space.
Our other services include...
We generate innovative and investment-led sales strategies. We will be able to offer expertise at all stages of the development process and provide an integrated service from site acquisition to final sales of individual units.
Our underlying objective is to achieve maximum value for the developer's site or building. To this end, our comprehensive service involves the management and co-ordination of all the key areas of the development process:
- Site and opportunity identification and feasibility testing
- Market evaluation and purchaser profiling
- Identification of comparable schemes and values
- Assistance with development, land and option agreements
- Creation of overall development strategies including tactical advice
- Client project team selection, briefing and management
- Optimising design, layout, specification and providing product mix advice
- Providing environmental, infrastructure and sustainability advice
- Assisting in determining planning strategy
- Construction and programme advice
- Procurement strategies reviewed and negotiation of contracts to ensure best value
- Development budget and cost control
- Sales, marketing and letting strategies
- On-going development appraisal and viability analysis
- Evolving estate structures and management strategies
- Overall project management of the development and construction process
- Risk analysis and elimination at key stages of the project
Where else we add value...
- Recommendation of the appropriate professional team to gain best results and deliver value for money whilst advising on the correct internal and external design to create interest from end users
- Providing detailed research on micro residential and commercial markets in order to pursue a clear pipeline of revenue generation
As part of our due diligence we will also...
- Advise on unit mix and sizes to maximise demand and revenue
- Review layout and concepts and compile a complete checklist on the appropriateness of the scheme for the prevailing market conditions
- Study various target markets, both on sale and rental level, thereby providing a clear picture of a future target market
- Attend client project meetings from inception through to completion in order to brief the client's professional team on changing trends and markets, and ensure an appropriate product is delivered to the sales market
- Provide up-to-date detailed research on sales rates achieved in the locality, monitor future supply pipeline and concept on demand and supply in the local area